One of the more advanced concepts in Lean and Kaizen is the implementation of Kanban. Kanban Systems utilize Supermarkets to store a minimal amount of Work-in-Process to level load and enable flexible manufacturing. This DVD provides a detailed explanation of all the essential elements of Kanban inventory management. This DVD consists of 15 videos with a total running time of 62:50.
Course 1 - Introduction to Kanban (4 Videos)
The first chapter introduces the foundational elements for Kanban, Kanban control points, tools of Kanban Boards, Supermarkets, and the 6 rules that govern all aspects of Kanban Management.
- Video 1 - Defining Kanban
- Video 2 - Supermarkets
- Video 3 - Kanban Examples and the Kanban Board
- Video 4 - The Six Rules of Kanban
Course 2 - Understanding the Different Types of Kanban (4 Videos)
The next chapter provides a full understanding of the three types of Kanban; Withdrawal, Production, and Suppler Kanban. And provides examples and illustrations so you know how to combine and apply the different Kanban types given specific situations to achieve the greatest results.
- Video 1 - Three Types of Kanban
- Video 2 - Scenario 1: Your First Kanban and Supermarkets
- Video 3 - Scenario 2: Combining Supermarkets
- Video 4 - Scenario 3: Direct Process-to-Process Kanban
Course 3 - Implementing Kanban Step-by-Step (5 Videos)
The third chapter provides more context into the use of Kanban with real examples and step-by-step guide to implementation throughout your entire value stream.
Hitting each point presented will prepare you for implementing Kanban.
- Video 1 - Choosing a Target Process
- Video 2 - Designing Your Kanban
- Video 3 - Training for Kanban
- Video 4 - Starting and Auditing Your Kanban System
- Video 5 - Improving Your Kanban
Course 4 - Advanced Kanban (2 Videos)
The fourth and final chapter focuses on real world problems that organizations have faced when implementing a Kanban System and how you can avoid the same issues in your organization.
- Video 1 - Avoiding Kanban Pitfalls
- Video 2 - Integrating Suppliers into Your Kanban System
Number of Videos - 15
Running length - 62:50